Thursday, September 28, 2006

Home is where my......Files....are!!!

I haven't come across something simpler than this to access the files on my computer at home or office from any place on the earth. Absolutely simple to setup, access and sync between home & office computers. Especially useful for a person like me who keeps travelling across countries all the time. Wonder why I didn't check it out before.

Although it appears to be absolutely simple to setup and start accessing files, I'm not sure how far it's reliable in terms of security. It seems to be pretty fast for the kind of security that they promise. If it really is supposed to be good then it is nothing short of a miracle. I guess if this tool seems to be as reliable as they claim it to be then data-loss could be a thing of the past. I know there are many back-up solutions out there, but this one surely does the job for a person like me.

Truly....HOME would definitely be where my files are. FolderShare is like a \\HOME away from C:\HOME!!!

P.S.: I'm off to Darmstadt this weekend. Gonna attend my convocation at my university. After that I'm gonna visit a friend at Karlsruhe. Will post more about my weekend trip soon.

3 comments:

Anu said...

I have my office laptop and VPN installed. Hence I can access my n/w securely from anywhere with an Internet connection. Don't you?

And congratz on the Convocation. Post pictures.

Flavin said...

The branch I work in is a startup in Europe. Infact I have just setup a P2P n/w as of now. We will be expanding in a few months. I will be presenting an upgrade to a server based n/w to the management next month. I think VPN makes sense for a place like yours with a large employee base. Maybe we will get to that soon. Till then I think FolderShare would be a good help.

Thanks for the wishes. Will post the pics after I'm back. Enjoy the weekend 8-)

Anonymous said...

Hi flavin, just stumbled on your blog when I was bloghopping. Just had to say hi to a fellow Bedean :)

When were you in Bede's? I'm aging myself (but you can get that my blogger profile anyway!), but I was in Bede's from 1983 to 1989 (7th to 12th)!