Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Weekend Update (18. - 20.Aug)

Wo Wo Wo Wo, now that was one great weekend I really enjoyed. My friend came down from Hameln on Friday around 8:30 in the evening. We all went to another friend's place at Junkersdorf (I had packed some stuff to stay at his place the whole weekend). From then on it was a roller coaster ride into the weekend.

Friday night was spent at Rudolfplatz. We were walking along the brightly lit streets filled with pubs and discotheques. Finally we settled down at a roadside bar. I must've had a couple of beers. Also tried a 2 c.l. shot of Tequila (white variety). First time I'm trying it. Felt like a ball of fire travelling down my throat into my tummy. Didn't really get quite drunk, but wasn't very stable. I felt like I was walking on a raised platform. We were hanging around until 3am.

Saturday morning got up around 10 and headed straight to the swimming pool. Met an 80 year old man in the pool who gave us some tips on swimming. We struck a good deal with him, so we would be getting some instructions on swimming every saturday between 12:30 to 1 in the afternoon. It was really amazing to see an 80 year old swimming around like a pro. I guess I'll be swimming in my grave at that age.

Sunday was the best. We went to Phantasialand and had a blast of a time. Got a discount ticket with the help of a friend working for Ford. Went on almost all the rides. The deadliest was the 'Mystery Castle'. Experiencing a 65m freefall scared the daylights out of me. I don't think I can last a second ride. I also avoided all the rides that splashed down into the water. Am not comfortable getting wet (moreover it was also raining off and on the whole day). We were a gang of four so it was always easy to go for rides together. Apart from the rides, the shows were also nice. The best was the ice dancing show called Unforgettable. This was my first trip to an amusement park in Germany and I'm happy to say that it was a good one.


Overall had a really great weekend. I don't have any specific plans for my next weekend, but if there is something exciting, I'll keep that posted.

No comments: