Wednesday, December 27, 2006

New Year Resolution???

I'm not the kind who makes New Year resolutions, but this time I thought why not? The basic need for a resolution is to bring about a change. This change for me in 2007 will be in the OS that I use. Yes, I'm planning to give the Linux world a try from the next year.

I got to know about a latest flavor of Linux for the desktop called Ubuntu. I went through the site and found out some info about it and was pretty much impressed. I even burnt a Live-CD which can be used to try out all the features without actually installing anything on your harddisk. I'm planning to install a dual-boot scheme with WinXP and Ubuntu on my laptop.

I'm pretty new to the Linux world but I must say that Ubuntu is pretty impressive. I think this flavor will remove the fear of Linux from people like me. What I always wanted was the interactive GUI based interface of Windows along with the stability of Linux. I'm not very comfortable with CLIs and find them to be a little boring (read difficult to handle).

Anyway, I hope you would also try out Ubuntu to get a feel of the Linux world. There are a lot of things to discover in that new universe. However, there is a big risk in it. Guess what??? ....... You may never wanna get back to Windows ever!!!

Wish you a Spectacular New Year 2007!!!

No comments: